Recommended cleaning regime
Vantage Windows & Doors meets all statutory warranty requirements and is fully tested to ensure compliance with the New Zealand Building Code. Nevertheless, some simple steps will aid in retaining the appeal of your windows and doors for many years to come.
- After house construction is completed it is important that any builder's debris or dust is cleaned from the inside of sills to ensure that drainage holes are not blocked. This is especially applicable to doorways that may have been in regular use during construction.
- Cleaning once every three months is recommended for windows and doors. In coastal or industrial environments more frequent washing will be required.
- We recommend cleaning with a soft brush with warm water and some mild household detergent. Rinse with fresh water.
- Do not use abrasive steel wool, scrapers, scouring liquids or aggressive solvents or thinners. These are likely to damage the surface finish.
- The cleaning cycle should include the removal of build-up in door tracks to ensure drainage paths are unobstructed.
Powdercoated hardware should be cleaned regularly with a wet sponge or soft brush, warm water and a mild detergent and rinsed with fresh water. Powdercoated hardware should be cleaned regularly with a wet sponge or soft brush, warm water and a mild detergent and rinsed with fresh water. Plated product should be cleaned with a wet sponge without the use of detergent, as the latter can damage plating.
Stainless steel hardware needs to be cleaned regularly and care needs to be taken when rust spots occur. Even the highest grades of stainless steel can develop rust spots and these can be removed with a mildly abrasive cleaner and rinsed with fresh water. In cases of heavy corrosion, a Scotch-Brite hand pad can be used. Specialised 3M Stainless Steel Cleaner and Polish is also available as an alternative cleaning compound.
Take extra care with glass
Glass is a very delicate product that can be easily damaged. Care is needed to ensure that scratching does not occur.
Only detergents and cleaning solutions which are recommended for glass should be used. Commence cleaning by soaking the glass to loosen dirt. Then using a mild, non-abrasive solution uniformly apply to the glass surfaces. Ensure that the solution is removed by rinsing with water as cleaning residue can permanently mark glass.
Condensation and Heating Efficiency
On average, we spend around 90% of our day indoors so the quality of the air in our homes, work and schools impacts our health and comfort and the efficiency of heating systems. Our most basic day-to-day activities create moisture in our homes which appears as condensation when it meets a cold surface and is much harder to heat than fresh air.
Thorough ventilation is the best way to keep our indoor air quality high and flush out moisture. We've developed a number of passive ventilation products which can work with your lifestyle and bring less-humid fresh air in to help the efficiency of your heating systems.
Our windows and doors comply with the New Zealand building code.
All products supplied by Vantage Windows & Doors meet or exceed the requirements of the New Zealand Building Code and New Zealand Standards; NZS4211, Performance of Windows, and NZS4223, Glazing in Buildings - Parts 1-4 incl.
This means our windows and doors have been designed and successfully tested to perform in New Zealand’s most diverse conditions, and will:
- satisfy the strength and deflection requirements of the standards
- deliver the desired levels of weathertightness appropriate to the prescribed wind zones
- meet the air leakage requirements necessary to provide comfort and efficiency
- include glazing of appropriate weight, strength and safety to satisfy not only the expected wind load but also accidental human impact.
In accordance with the TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF WARRANTY, a warranty for all Vantage Windows & Doors products is provided, under normal conditions of use, against failure of materials and/or workmanship for a period of 5 years from the date of practical completion.
The surface finishing of the aluminium extrusion is covered by a separate Performance Warranty which is dependent on the actual finish selected.
A window and door hardware/component warranty protects against defects in manufacturing, functionality and surface finish for a period of 5 years, provided care and maintenance guidelines have been followed. Plated (soft) finishes are excluded from the warranty.
Please note: This warranty is subject to correct installation as outlined in the Building Code Acceptable Solution Clause E2/AS1 External Moisture or an approved alternative solution.